Last Modified: 05/21/2020
The following terms will be used throughout these Terms:
- All references to “us” (and similar words such as “we” and “our”) mean Advisor First, LLC, a Kansas limited liability company (regardless if capitalized or not).
- All references to “you” (and similar words such as “your”) mean the individual using the Services, and if you are using the Services on behalf of a business entity, it means both you and that business (regardless if capitalized or not).
Information We Collect
We may collect (or you may provide to us) information which is not personal in nature and which may not be used to identify you as a specific individual or business (“Anonymous Data”).
As a result of your use of the Services we may collect (or you may provide to us) the following types of information (“Personal Data”):
- Basic Information: Your name, business name, address, email address, phone number, photos, videos, and similar types of information.
- User Account Information: Usernames, nicknames, passwords, and similar types of information.
- Payment Information: Payment information including credit/debit card numbers, account numbers, and similar types of information.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We may collect information about you automatically, including your IP address, operating system, browser ID, browsing activity, time stamps, site navigation, button clicks, and similar types of information. We may also use and/or collect cookies and other types of data files (such as web beacons and cookie-equivalent technology), some of which may be stored on your computer or electronic device for use when you use the Services.
- Your Content: You may also voluntarily provide information to us through the Services and also through other communication channels, including content, text, photos, videos, audio files, and similar types of information.
Sensitive Personal Data
You should not provide us with any sensitive information about you, including for example your racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership information, genetic data, biometric data, health data, sex life data, or sexual orientation data.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Anonymous Data for any purpose not otherwise prohibited by applicable law, without your consent, without providing notice to you, and without providing compensation to you, including without limitation sharing and selling Anonymous Data to third parties.
We may use your Personal Data as follows:
- Provision and Customization of Services: We may use your Personal Data to provide the Services to you for their intended purposes, as well as to customize and/or enhance your use of the Services.
- Sharing with Subscribers: If you are using the Services under a subscription purchased by a Subscriber, as defined in our Terms of Service (for example, your employer, or your client), then we may share your Personal Data with that Subscriber (or other person and businesses as authorized by that Subscriber) to the extend needed to provide them with the Services which they purchased. For clarity, this includes any content that you upload which is deemed “Your Content” under our Terms of Service.
- Customization of Services: We may use your Personal Data to customize and/or enhance your use of the Services.
- Advertising: We may use your Personal Data to serve more customized ads to you on the Services.
- Communications: We may use your Personal Data to send communications to you, including marketing communications.
- Payments: If you purchase goods or services through our Services, then we may use your Personal Data to process your purchase and payment.
- Per our Terms of Service: We may use your Personal Data as provided in our Terms of Service.
Improvements to the Services
If you share ideas or suggestions with us regarding how to improve or modify our Services, then we may use the same as provided in our Terms of Service.
Compliance with Legal Process
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
Some of the information you provide to us may be changed or deleted by you in your account settings. However, even if you change or delete that information, we may retain previous versions of the information for a reasonable period of time in order to continue providing the Services.
Cookies & Tracking Data
Deleting Your Data
You may request that we delete your Personal Data from the Services, but we do not have any obligation to honor that request.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, especially your personally identifiable information and payment information.
However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Further, it is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and credentials.